Shampoo Bars For Major Hair Concerns
Did you know that DIY shampoo bars for hair, like turmeric soap for the face, can be a good choice for liquid shampoos when made with healthy ingredients? According to trichologists, DIY turmeric shampoo bars are fit for those with allergies or those troubled with the ingredients in their shampoos, as the maker has complete control over what goes into the recipe. Bars are best fitted for short and long hair, as “it can be hard indeed to cleanse the scalp with a bar.” So it is equally important to discover a formula suited to your specific hair type to exclude the ingredients that cause build-up or frizz. Besides, turmeric has proven to have astonishing effects on hair.
This blog post will teach you how to make a DIY turmeric shampoo bar according to your major hair problem. So read this till the end to find which shampoo bar among these three is best suited for your hair issues.
3 DIY Turmeric Shampoo Bars to Try!
Convinced? Onwards, discover these three DIY shampoo bar formulae that handle every primary hair concern.
1. VEGAN DEEP CLEANSING DIY TURMERIC SHAMPOO BAR
While the jojoba beads give exfoliating effects to your scalp and are a superb option for microbeads because they are environment-friendly (while massaging, they’ll dissolve), the presence of turmeric in the recipe ensures hair follicle activation. It helps oily hair. Also, it deep cleanses the hair as apple cider vinegar balance the pH of your scalp and increases shine.
The use of essential oils in this formula lets you modify the aroma of the shampoo bar to accommodate your picks. Essential oils have distinct properties, and you can select to add those that manage your hair/scalp problems. Some examples include sweet orange essential oil, anti-inflammatory, and tea tree oil, which can back with dry scalp and dandruff.
- 10 g Jojoba beads
- 15 g Carnauba Wax
- 10 g Apple cider vinegar
- 10 g liquid castile soap base
- 7 g wild turmeric root powder
- Blend each of 5 cinnamon, 5 cloves, 5 nutmegs, 5 ginger, and 10 drops of orange essential oil
- Melt Brazil wax (carnauba wax) in a double boiler/microwave.
- Once softened, let cool a little. Add turmeric powder, apple cider vinegar, jojoba beads, essential oils, and liquid castile soap base. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the soap mix into the mold of your preference. Let it harden in the refrigerator.
2. TURMERIC CONDITIONING SHAMPOO BAR: For all Skin Types
- 2 tbsp Gooseberry powder (treat dry scalp & prevent hair loss)
- 2 tbsp Neem Powder (boost shine to hairs)
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek powder (Grey-coverage & anti-dandruff effects)
- 2 tbsps Turmeric powder (anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, healing agent)
For conditioning effects:
- 3 tbsps Olive oil (kick-off split ends)
- 2 tbsp castor oil
- 2 tbsp Almond oil
- 1 tbsp Shea butter (color revitalizer)
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 500 gm melt & pour soap base
- Powder Mix: Add neem powder, gooseberry powder, turmeric powder, and fenugreek powder in a bowl.
- Oil Mix: Now, in a separate bowl, add all the oils, or you can replace any of the oil according to your hair concern by following aloe Vera gel (not compulsory). Blend the oils well.
- Next, place the melt & pour the soap base into a double boiler/microwave.
- Once softened, let cool a little. First, add the powder mix, then the oil mix, to the melted soap base. Mix thoroughly until equal.
- Before you pour the soap mixture into the mold/container of your choice, make sure to moisten the container or mold with Vaseline or oil. Let it harden at room temperature, or you may refrigerate it.
3. Shampoo Bar for Dry Hairs
Hair follicles decline with age. This DIY turmeric shampoo bar cleanses without harshly stripping the hair. The moisturizing ingredients, such as grass-fed tallow and coconut oil, make hair soft and completely clean by not depriving of moisture. Tallow refills the tower of the scalp while preserving the hair follicles’ nourishing.
Likewise worth mentioning are the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects of turmeric, coconut oil, and castor oil are also worth mentioning, stimulating scalp health and providing moistness to the hair.
Note: People with sensitive, dehydrated, or dandruff-prone scalps should consider talking to their Trichologist. This formula would suit those with rough, dry, or curled hair.
You’ll need the following:
- 10 oz. Grass-fed tallow (fat)
- 10 oz. Refined coconut oil
- 10 oz. Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. Ricinus oil
- 13.68 oz. water
- 5.11 oz. Soap lye (also called caustic soda/Sodium hydroxide)
- 2 tbsp essential oil
- 2 tbsp turmeric oil
- Gloves 1 pair
- Safety goggles one pair
- Pour measured fat, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and Ricinus oil (aka castor oil), and place into a deep dish on low flame.
- Weigh the water in a container and the lye separately.
- Let oils cool if required. Once oils are melted, check the heat readings. It should be around 100°F (38 °C).
- Once oils are at 38 degrees Celsius, grab the lye and water outdoors. With due care, slowly pour the lye into the water. Mix gently. Next, wear hand gloves and safety goggles.
- When the lye water has turned cloudy to clear, sit it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Now, attentively pour the lye water into the oil mix.
- Next, use a dipping blender to combine the shampoo bar mixture. Swirl until it has got a light consistency. Within a few minutes, it will become creamy and condense.
- Add the essential oils and turmeric oil and mix again.
- Pour this shampoo bar mix into any desired molds, top with wax paper, and fold the molds in fine towels.
- After a day, free the soap bar from mold. Use it on alternate days, and you’ll notice results within a month or less.
HOW TO USE DIY TURMERIC SHAMPOO BARS?
No worries! AMVital is here to tell you that there is a particular art to applying a shampoo bar versus a regular liquid shampoo.
- Wet your hair and ensure it is thoroughly wet; otherwise, getting a creamy lather would be challenging.
- Wet the shampoo bar with water and rub it between your hands to form foam.
- Once the fine lathery bubble texture has formed, apply the bar instantly onto your hair.
- Massage gently across all parts of your scalp. This detailed application confirms that the cleaner runs your scalp equally and circulates evenly throughout your hair.
- Lastly, cleanse your scalp with your fingertips, making sure to reach the complete crown, forehead, sides, and backward hairline.