A skin-friendly soap is a soap that is formulated to be gentle and non-irritating to the skin. These types of soaps are typically made with natural ingredients and are free of harsh chemicals and irritants. Some of the characteristics of a skin-friendly soap are:
- pH-balanced: The pH of healthy skin is around 5.5, a soap that has a similar pH is considered skin-friendly.
- Hypoallergenic: These soaps are formulated to be less likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Fragrance-free: Fragrances can be harsh on the skin and can cause irritation, so a skin-friendly soap is fragrance-free.
- Non-comedogenic: These soaps are formulated to not clog pores, which can lead to acne and other skin problems.
- Moisturizing: Some skin-friendly soaps include moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin, aloe vera, or coconut oil to help keep the skin hydrated.