Skin protection is the act of taking measures to protect the skin from harm, such as from sun exposure, environmental pollutants, and other irritants. There are a variety of ways to protect the skin, including:
- Sun protection: Using sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30, wearing protective clothing, and seeking shade during the sun’s peak hours (10am to 4pm) are all effective ways to protect the skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Moisturizing: Keeping the skin hydrated by using a moisturizer can help to protect it from dryness and irritation.
- Avoiding irritants: Avoiding exposure to harsh chemicals, soaps, and other irritants can help to protect the skin from damage.
- Eating a healthy diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and other nutrient-dense foods can help to promote healthy skin.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can damage the skin and accelerate aging